Do you have a gynecologic concern that you’d like to discuss with an experienced practitioner? Perhaps you need a refill on your birth control prescription. Maybe you have symptoms of a UTI or vaginal infection, have questions about the results of a test, or need clarification on how to take medications you’ve been prescribed. The Woman’s Health Pavilion is pleased to offer on-demand telehealth appointments for these and other non-urgent OB-GYN concerns. Telehealth is not only a convenient solution for our existing New York patients, it’s a great way for new patients to have a same-day consultation with one of our knowledgeable providers.
What is telehealth?
A telehealth appointment is similar to an in-person visit to our Long Island and Queens gynecology offices, except it takes place via video on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer. Think of it as a “Facetime” call with a provider. We can ask the same questions, review results, and prescribe medications during a telehealth visit just like we do during an in-person visit.
How do same-day on-demand telehealth appointments work?
Our same-day telehealth service is available on-demand Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. We make it easy to take care of your non-urgent concerns with the following simple process:
- Call our office at (516) 333-1444 and select option 1 for appointments.
- We will walk you through a brief intake process.
- We will set up your appointment for that same day at a mutually agreeable time.
- Around the time of your appointment, you’ll get a text message inviting you to connect. Simply click on the link and you’ll be connected to a secure two-way video appointment with one of our providers.
You can use just about any mobile phone, tablet, or computer with a broadband internet connection and a working microphone and camera for for your appointment.
How do self-scheduled telehealth appointments work?
You can set your own time for a video telehealth visit using the following process:
- Click on the button at the lower right corner of this page to start the process.
- Choose an appointment day and time.
- Answer a few intake questions and upload some documents (your driver’s license, your medical insurance card).
- Take care of any necessary copays or deductibles using the online system.
- At your requested appointment time, you will receive a text message letting you know a provider is ready.
- Simply click on the link using your phone, tablet, laptop, or PC, and you’ll be placed on a secure two-way video call with one of our providers.
You can use just about any mobile phone, tablet, or computer for your appointment, as long as you have a broadband internet connection and a working microphone and camera.
What information should I have on-hand before scheduling a telehealth appointment?
You’ll need the same items to start your telehealth appointment that you need for an in-person visit:
- Your medical insurance card
- Your driver’s license or other government-issued ID
- A valid credit card
- Your medical history (current medications, allergies, previous surgeries, etc.)
- List of questions/concerns
How should I prepare for my telemedicine appointment?
Before your appointment time:
- Make sure you have your medical history including current medications, allergies, and surgeries.
- Write down any issues that you want to discuss.
- Make sure your internet is working.
- Make sure your microphone and camera are on.
- Go to a quiet room where you will have privacy and can talk openly.
Are telehealth appointments covered by insurance?
Medical insurance companies are required by law to cover telehealth visits for any service that would be covered in person. Your usual co-pays and deductibles typically apply. When you register online, our system will verify your insurance coverage and invite you make any necessary co-payments.
Schedule your telehealth appointment today!
For a virtual appointment with one of our experienced gynecology practitioners, schedule online or give us a call at (516) 333-1444.