Do you have a gynecologic concern that you’d like to discuss with an experienced practitioner? Perhaps you want to discuss what contraception option is best for you or need a refill on your current birth control prescription. Maybe you have questions about the result of a test or want clarification on how to take a medication you’ve been prescribed. We’ve got you covered! The Woman’s Health Pavilion is pleased to offer on-demand telehealth appointments for these and other non-urgent concerns.
We welcome new and existing New York based patients for Telehealth visits. Contact us now to book a visit with one of our knowledgeable providers!
What is telehealth?
A telehealth appointment is similar to an in-person visit to our Long Island and Queens offices, except it takes place via video on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer. Think of it as a “Facetime” call with a provider. We can ask the same questions, review results, and prescribe medications during a telehealth visit just like we do during an in-person visit.
When are telehealth appointments available?
- Monday – Thursday from 11 am to 7pm
- Friday from 10am to 2pm
- One Saturday a month from 11am to 3pm
- Schedule is subject to change; please contact us for availability
How do I schedule a telehealth appointment?
We make it easy to take care of your non-urgent concerns with the following simple process:
- You can contact the office and let us know that you’d like a telehealth appointment.
- We will need to know the reason for your appointment request. If we believe you are a good candidate for telehealth, we will get you booked for the next available appointment (oftentimes same-day).
- If you are added for the same day, you will receive a text confirmation immediately through our telehealth platform Klara. In this text, you will have the opportunity to upload your insurance information, sign the Telehealth Consent form, and fill out a Medical History form if you are a new patient. This text will also include the link for your video visit!
- If you are added for an appointment for a future date, you will receive a text message 2 days prior to and the morning of your visit with the above forms and video invitation.
- You can use just about any mobile phone, tablet, or computer with a broadband internet connection and a working microphone and camera for your appointment. You do not need to download an app for your visit!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are same-day appointments available?
Yes! Please message us or call us
What information should I have on-hand before scheduling a telehealth appointment?
You’ll need the same items to start your telehealth appointment that you need for an in-person
- Your medical insurance card
- Your driver’s license or other government-issued ID
- A valid credit card for your co-payment
How should I prepare for my telemedicine appointment?
Before your appointment time:
- Make sure you have your medical history including current medications, allergies, and
- Write down any issues that you want to discuss.
- Make sure your internet is working.
- Make sure your microphone and camera are on.
- Go to a quiet room where you will have privacy and can talk openly.
Are telehealth appointments covered by insurance?
Medical insurance companies are required by law to cover telehealth visits for any service that would be covered in person. Your usual co-pays and deductibles typically apply. When you register online, our system will verify your insurance coverage and invite you make any necessary co-payments.
Do you see new patients on Telehealth?
Yes! We are able to see you as long as you are located in the state of New York at the time of your visit.
What our patients have to say about Telehealth?
“This was my first telehealth appointment and I felt very listened to and cared for. I learned a
lot and feel like I have a good foundation in place for my next actual visit. Thank you so much!”
“My first virtual visit and it was absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend to anyone
who is in need.”
“The virtual appointment was convenient and the doctor informative and friendly.”
Schedule your telehealth appointment today!
For a virtual appointment with one of our experienced gynecology practitioners, Text us or give us a call at (516) 333-1444.